Early on in my journey I heard about Andreas Moritz and his gallbladder / liver flush (from Danny’s book) and decided to try one.
The thought of it makes complete logical sense although is quite scary, as often people say it’s almost a major surgery for your liver.
The Frequent Dose Chelation Yahoo Forum (which is an Andy Cutler protocol board) say to steer clear of liver flushes as it’s too harsh on you when you’re mercury toxic (depending on how ill you are may be true) but for my level of recovery/health I disagree.
When your stool has turned yellow and your liver is clearly beaten up (and Liver Extract and Lecithin doesn’t help) I think personally and think it’s great for your liver (but can be tough on your bum!). I searched around the internet before and found a few references to it working (see here for Darker Stools after liver flushing), I also asked Danny AKA Sunshine his opinion.
Every time I do a liver flush it helps my digestion, my stools darken, my energy and my emotions improve dramatically, my candida becomes more of a distant memory, and my eyes become whiter each time. Why wouldn’t you try it?!
Even Danny from the Mercury Diaries does them and he was the most Mercury Toxic person I’ve read about (or met) yet!
The first and second time I followed Andrea’s Moritz’s flush exactly, which is;
- Prepare for a week by drinking Malic acid or apple juice to break down the liver stones (I only did this the first time and was fine each time without it, although I find Chanca Piedra Tea is great to help the liver breakdown the crap inside it)
- Don’t eat on the day of the flush, only drinking water or tea (definitely no oils at all) this ensure your liver and gallbladder have plenty of bile at the ready to eject).
- at 6pm: drink about 300ml of water with a table spoon of Espom salts. This relaxes the liver bile ducts and helps you clear your digestive system so that stones can come out easily.
- at 8pm: drink another 300ml of water with epsom salts in.
- by 9.30pm: you should start needing to use the toilet. I find that for each table spoon of Epsom Salts I need to use the toilet 4-5 times. If you don’t need the toilet yet a coffee enema is good to start things moving, although going is not essential yet. You’ll find that as your digestive system gets cleaner and less full of crap the magnesium will work quicker.
- 10pm: drink 4oz (150ml) of olive oil with a grapefruit squeezed in (and shaken up) and lie down immediately (for at least 30 minutes without moving) if possible go to bed laying on your back. If you need the toilet – it’s ok to go after 30 minutes which is why it’s essential you time the drinks right!
- 8am: drink another 300ml of water with epsom salts in. Be prepared to visit the toilet 4-5 times about an hour after each drink. You should start seeing liver stones in the toilet. I like to use a sieve like this to ensure I can capture and count them all. Beware they can be as big as 1 inch each!
- 10am: drink another 300ml of water with epsom salts in. By this point you should have had a lot of stones come out.
- 12noon: You can have some soup or a light lunch.
That’s it. It’s actually quite simple. The only bad thing about it is that because you need the toilet so many times and due to you pooing liver bile you can get quite sore around your butt-hole, so I find using a thick cream like sudacrem after each bowel movement helps hugely!
After reading Eric’s blog it made me realise that the flush can be improved upon/tweaked. If you think about it, the liver only kicks out liver stones as a result of you drinking the magnesium salts and then drinking Oil which makes it ‘pump’ out all of the stones (which are bile and toxins stored up) so ensuring you’re catching these toxins and clearing them out is super important.
I decided to update and improve the liver flush significantly to:
- 6pm: epsom salts (1 tablespoon)
- 8pm: epsom salts (1 tablespoon)
- 10pm: olive oil and grapefruit juice
- 10.10pm: without moving put a castor oil liver pack on (to support the liver more) for an hour and a half roughly
- 11.30pm: take 4 activated charcoal tablets (to soak up toxins very effectively)
- 11.55pm: drink rehydration salts otherwise it can be tough on your adrenals
- 12 Midnight: Bed, sleep on your back if possible.
- The next Day: 8am: epsom salts (1 tablespoon)
- 9am: drink rehydration salts otherwise it can be tough on your adrenals
- 10am: 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk in 400ml of water (to help push stones in the digestive system out)
- 10.15am: coffee enema (2 tablespoons of Bulletproof organic low toxin coffee) to help clear liver stones and toxins out (you will probably see the activated charcoal come out with the stones)
- 10.45am: drink rehydration salts otherwise it can be tough on your adrenals
- 11.15am: epsom salts (1 tablespoon)
- 1pm: another coffee enema
- 2pm: a light lunch.
- 2.30pm: drink rehydration salts otherwise it can be tough on your adrenals
- 3.00pm: you’re good to go back to your normal life with a healthier liver!
Since doing this updated liver flush I have found it to be far more effective – also it seems to clear the toxins out quicker so you don’t feel strange for the next 24 hours. It’s great to see your belly as thin as it can go too – as you’ve had a good clear out!
A big thing that I feel people don’t realise when starting out with liver flushes is that once you start doing them you need to do a series of them every few weeks until you get 2 flushes in a row that don’t get any stones come out.
Essentially your liver is full of stones (of various kinds) and once some come out the ones above them in your liver drop down and need clearing out too. This can often be quite obvious as you get a few days of fantastic digestion (darker stools, better digestion etc) then it goes back to how it was before the flush. This is GREAT as it means it’s working.
A fitting cheeky-little analogy is; Think of a bubble-gum or jelly bean vending machine.
As some gums/beans drop out the bottom more from above drop down to replace them. When it’s empty no more come out, and when it’s full more drop down… This is just like your liver after a flush, although it can take a few days for them to drop!
Persevere and better digestion and health is on it’s way (some people say that doing a load of liver flushes can help the body so much it fixes dry skin, candida and other issues too). I tend to agree.
The results: (Hold Tight!)
For now I will continue with liver flushing until no more come out…
Let me know what you think of my improved liver flush, as it works a charm!
Important note: Remember to hydrate WELL otherwise a liver flush can be hard on your adrenals and you’ll crash in a few days time.